Birdon has experienced significant growth in our dredging division over the last 5 years and has multiple exciting opportunities for dredging personnel in a number of roles including dredging supervisors, dredge operators, workboat operators and deckhands.
This position will report to the Dredging Supervisor and/or Project Manager and be project-based on Birdon’s recently secured long-term dredging services contract to dredge and relocate coal tailings at one of the key open cut mine sites in Singleton, NSW. This is a hands-on position that requires close and effective working relationships with other tradespeople.
This role involves:
- Assisting with and carrying out all dredging related activities on Birdon’s cutter suction dredges, to facilitate the extraction of coal tailings at the Bulga Open Cut mine under a 24/7 operation;
- Monitoring, tracking/recording of dredging production, and relevant HSEQ items;
- Assisting with general maintenance and housekeeping of all plant, equipment, and facilities.
What is on offer:
- Competitive rates under Birdon’s newly formed Enterprise Agreement
- Fortnightly pay
- Flexible roster-based role
- Relocation allowance (Note: for those willing to relocate – which, while not critical, will be highly regarded)
- Job security on a long-term contract (5 years)
- March 2022 Start onsite.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Suitable on water experience in a dredging or relevant marine construction-based role (i.e. as a deckhand, work boat/punt operator, dredge operator)
- Full driver’s licence
- Nationally accredited General Construction Induction (white card)
- Strong commitment to quality principles and dedication to workplace safety
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to pass a Coal Services Order 43 Medical
Additional criteria that is not essential but is highly regarded:
- Commercial Boat Licence (i.e. EX38, Coxswains, or Master)
- Experience Operating Excavators (30T)
- Experience Operating Telehandlers (7T and above) – as well as Forklift and Non-Slewing Crane Licence
- High Risk Work Licenses (Dogging, Riggers, Forklift, EWP, Non-Slewing Crane)
- MR or HR driver’s licence & Dangerous Goods licence (operating fuel/service truck)
- Welding tickets/experience
- MDG 25
- Working at Heights
- First Aid
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade
- Experience operating on mine sites